Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
IND High-Throughput Screening Director/Adjunct Professor Series*
The Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (IND) at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is seeking a High-Throughput Screening Director to oversee and maintain the IND’s high-throughput drug screening efforts. The director of the IND is Nobel Laureate Dr. Stanley Prusiner.
The successful candidate will lead a team of researchers running multiple cell-based high-content screens to identify and validate drug leads for the IND’s drug discovery programs in Alzheimer’s disease, frontotemporal dementia, Parkinson’s disease, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and others. He or she must have a strong track record of cell assay development and optimization and be conversant in the latest screening and detection technologies. Responsibilities include overseeing laboratory operations, assay troubleshooting, data management, data analysis, and algorithm development for the analysis of cellular assays. The successful candidate will have excellent management and communication skills and work well in a team environment.
- PhD in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry or a related discipline
- At least 3 years of experience in drug discovery with an emphasis on high-throughput screening.
- Candidates with experience in cell-based assay development and/or cellular models of neurodegenerative diseases are strongly encouraged to apply
- Applicants will possess excellent managerial, leadership, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills as well as exhibit evidence of imagination in problem solving.
- Candidates must demonstrate superb command of oral and written English.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary is dependent upon experience.
*Rank will be commensurate with background, experience, and work history.
Interested applicants should submit curriculum vitae with a list of publications, a research summary (4-page max. including figures), cover letter, and contact information for three professional references.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01198
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional - Research Summary (4 page max. including figures)
- 3 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information