IND Pharmacokinetics and Drug Metabolism Scientist/Adjunct Professor Series*
The Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (IND) at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is seeking a scientist with pharmacokinetics and drug metabolism experience to oversee IND’s PKDM research. The director of the IND is Nobel Laureate Dr. Stanley Prusiner.
The successful candidate will have small molecule drug discovery experience with an in-depth understanding of the pharmacokinetics and drug metabolism data required to advance programs from lead development into preclinical and clinical evaluation. It is preferred that the candidate has experience determining pharmacodynamic-pharmacokinetic relationships. Practical experience designing experiments to evaluate the exposure and distribution of small molecules is required. He or she will lead a pharmacokinetics and drug metabolism group within the IND and aid in the selection and evaluation of small molecules designed to cure neurodegenerative disease. The candidate must have excellent management and communication skills and work well in a team environment.
• Ph.D. with training in pharmacokinetics, pharmacy, pharmacology or a related discipline.
• At least 3 years of experience in drug discovery working on small molecule pharmacokinetics and drug metabolism.
• Applicants must possess excellent managerial, leadership, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills as well as exhibit evidence of imagination in problem solving.
• Candidates with experience in neuroscience and blood-brain barrier permeability are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated superb command of oral and written English.
• Demonstrated experience determining pharmacodynamic-pharmacokinetic relationships.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary is dependent upon experience.
Interested applicants should submit curriculum vitae with a list of publications, a cover letter, a brief research summary (4 page max. including figures) and contact information for three professional references.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01134
*Rank will be commensurate with background, experience, and work history.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional - Research Summary (4-page max. including figures)
- 3 references required (contact information only)