IND Neuropharmacologist/Adjunct Professor Series*
The Institute for Neurodegenerative Diseases (IND) at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is seeking a neuropharmacologist to fill a senior position in the IND’s in vivo drug discovery program. The incumbent will work for the IND director, Dr. Stanley Prusiner, Nobel Laureate, in the state-of-the-laboratory facilities of the new Sandler Neurosciences Center on the UCSF Mission Bay campus.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of drug discovery and have experience bringing programs from lead development into preclinical evaluation. The incumbent will join a team of chemists and biologists focused on developing drugs to halt prion replication in neurodegenerative diseases. It is expected that the candidate has experience determining pharmacodynamic/pharmacokinetic relationships with an in depth understanding of animal models. He or she will lead research efforts to evaluate small molecule drug candidates in animal models of neurodegenerative disease and determine their mechanism of action. The candidate should have excellent management and communication skills and work well in a team environment.
• Ph.D., M.D., or D.V.M. with training in pharmacology or a related discipline
• At least 3 years of in vivo biology experience related to drug discovery
• Candidates with experience developing animal models of neurodegenerative disease are strongly encouraged to apply
• Applicants should possess excellent managerial, leadership, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills as well as exhibit evidence of imagination in problem solving.
• Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated superb command of oral and written English.
This is a full-time position with excellent benefits. Salary is dependent upon experience.
Interested applicants should submit curriculum vitae with a list of publications, a research summary (4-page max. including figures), and contact information for three professional references.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01128
*Rank will be commensurate with background, experience, and work history.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional - Research Summary (4-page max. including figures)
- 3 required (contact information only)