Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF School of Nursing – Department of Physiological Nursing
Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist Nursing Faculty
Health Science Assistant or Associate Clinical Professor
Posting for 40% effort
• Teaching and advising Masters Clinical Nurse Specialist students.
• Contributing to department leadership in the area of advanced practice nursing, including participation in the activities promoting advanced practice across departments and interdisciplinary.
• Participating as a faculty member in activities of the Department of Physiological Nursing, School of Nursing and the University of California, San Francisco, including committee appointments.
• Engaging in professional activities at a local, state, regional and national level.
• Disseminating knowledge in advanced nursing practice and related fields through publications as well as participating and presenting at interdisciplinary and scientific meetings.
• Education: Master's or Doctorate degree in Nursing with recent teaching experience at the advanced practice level.
• Current or recent (within 5 years) clinical practice at the advanced practice level.
• Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
• Completion of a clinical nurse specialist program and board certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist or eligibility for board certification.
• Applicant must have a strong background as an educator in the clinical setting or academic environment. The applicant must also have a background in clinical and professional leadership and must use clinical inquiry and research in an advanced specialty area of practice.
• Five or more years of clinical and/or leadership experience in an acute care setting. Outpatient practice will be considered.
• Educator with a strong foundation in biological, social and/or behavioral sciences, experience teaching graduate students and expertise in advanced practice nursing spanning wellness through acute care. Expertise in acute care is broadly defined to include some or all of the following: acute and chronic illness in older adults, care of the acutely ill adult, or other areas of expertise related to the health and well-being of adults and their families.
• Model behavior that reflects the important skills and knowledge necessary for effective patient care management and demonstrate how to use research and clinical practice guidelines as a basis for patient care.
• Prepare through experience, teaching, research or community service to contribute to the School of Nursing's commitment to diversity can excellence.
• Publications and research experience in areas related to gerontology and advanced nursing practice.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
To apply submit application online: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01079
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information