Open date: September 12, 2023
Most recent review date: Thursday, Oct 12, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Mar 12, 2025 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in the Health Sciences Clinical or Adjunct series
The University of California, San Francisco School of Nursing seeks faculty for didactic and clinical teaching in the advanced practice nursing specialties (APN). The APN programs offer both in-person and remote coursework. These faculty positions will be 10-100% FTE, appointed at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in the Health Sciences Clinical or Adjunct series, depending on the qualifications and experience. Faculty positions are open to APNs, including nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, and nurse-midwives. Faculty will participate in the education and training of students at both the Master of Science and Doctor of Nursing Practice graduate levels. The School of Nursing plans to transition to the DNP degree for all APN specialties by AY 2024-25.
Faculty will be appointed to one of the following School of Nursing departments: Department of Family Health Care Nursing or Community Health Systems. The departmental affiliation will be based on the applicant’s area of expertise.
Faculty Position Responsibilities may include:
- Teaching didactic and skills development coursework via in-person, remote, and/or hybrid modalities;
- Curriculum design, development, implementation, and evaluation;
- Review curriculum to assure fidelity with current and future competency and graduate nursing education guidelines from NACNS, ANCC, and other professional organizations and accreditation agencies;
- Academic advisement;
- Oversight of student development of clinical competencies and role development, monitoring student performance in clinical settings, and/or evaluating clinical assignments;
- Collaborating and closely coordinating with academic and clinical teams across multiple systems;
- Oversight and recruitment of clinical placements aligned with the specialty curriculum;
- Recruiting and retaining a talented and diverse student cohort;
- Participating in School of Nursing committees.
- Ability to articulate and implement core tenets of equitable healthcare and education.
- Master’s degree in nursing is required for appointment in the Adjunct series.
- Doctoral degree in nursing or a doctoral degree in a related field is required for an appointment in the Health Sciences Clinical series.
- Active, valid California RN and NP/CNS/NMW licensure, or eligibility.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in APN clinical practice within the past 5 years at the time of hire.
- National certification as a NP/CNS/CNM at the time of employment.
- Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
- Applicant must have all requirements met by the time of hire.
- Doctoral degree – PhD, EdD, PharmD, or DNP, etc.
- National Board Certification as a NP/CNS/CNM
- Two or more years of clinical and teaching experience as an APRN.
- Evidence of teaching excellence, experience in patient care, and involvement in other scholarly and/or other creative activities.
- Academic preparation in curriculum development, teaching methodologies, and supervised teaching residency/practicum.
- Academic and clinical teaching experience with APN students or residents.
- Evidence of strong leadership skills in clinical and/or academic settings.
- Experience with hybrid and/or distance learning delivery.
- Participation and/or leadership experience in professional organizations or at the institutional level.
- Multilingual skills, including Spanish, Chinese, Vietnamese, and/or Middle Eastern languages.
Please apply online with CV, cover letter, statement of contributions to diversity, statement of teaching, and the names, titles, and e-mail addresses of three references at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04689.
To receive full consideration, please submit all materials by the initial review date. However, this position will remain open until filled. For additional information, please contact Andrew Penn, Search Committee Chair, at Andrew.Penn@ucsf.edu.
For positions that are 51% effort or more:
The posted UC salary scales set the minimum pay determined by rank and step at appointment. See Table 5. The minimum base salary range for this position is $95,200 - $297,200. This position includes membership in the health sciences compensation plan which provides for eligibility for additional compensation.
For positions that are 50% effort or less:
See Table 2 for the salary range for this position. A reasonable estimate for this position is $86,500 - $228,600.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: Contributions to Diversity Statement
Key Publications and Syllabi of Courses Taught - Key Publications and Syllabi of Courses Taught, if applicable.
- 3 required (contact information only)
About UC San Francisco
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.