Open date: November 15, 2022
Next review date: Tuesday, Jan 31, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Wednesday, May 15, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
A junior specialist position is available in the brain science laboratory, UCSF Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences Department. We are interested in understanding the basic and disease-associated processes involved in brain development, maintenance, and function, in the context of developmental, neurodegenerative, and neuropsychiatric disorders. For more info about the lab, see https://pharm.ucsf.edu/guo
Training/learning opportunities and responsibilities include the following:
- Work with postdoctoral fellows and graduate students to gain both problem-solving and technical skills in molecular biology, cell biology, genetics, pharmacology, and behavior.
- Engage in other lab duties (e.g. ordering lab reagents and supplies, protocol submission, lab stock maintenance, database entry/maintenance) as assigned.
- BA/BS degree in Biological Sciences, Neuroscience, or other related fields
- Have at least one-year experience working in a lab and research environment and proven ability to work well as part of a team
- Enthusiastic about the practice of science and plan to obtain PhD, or MD/PhD after this position
- A minimum of 2-year commitment to the position
- Canddiates must meet the required qualifications at time of appointment.
- Candidate’s CV must state qualifications (of if pending) upon submission.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04258, with a CV, cover letter, and three references.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.