Open date: November 14, 2022
Next review date: Wednesday, Feb 15, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Tuesday, May 14, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Hsiao Lab is seeking a Specialist (Assistant/Associate level). The ideal candidate should have immunology experience as well as experience using mouse and human cell culture models of human diseases. The candidate will be working with our laboratory to develop and maintain research methodology related to bone and metabolic diseases. The candidate will also help manage our wet lab research team of approximately 8 people.
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five to ten years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Molecular biology (westerns, qPCR, electrophoresis, DNA/RNA isolation, etc.)
• Cytokine assessments/ELISA
• Cellular assays of immune function
• Tissue culture
• Use of mouse models (husbandry, euthanasia, tissue collection)
• Light microscopy, fluorescence microscopy, immunohistochemistry
• Supervisory experience
• Excellent communication, organizational, and people skills
• Experience with single cell sequencing or bulk RNAseq analysis
• Human stem cell culture experience (especially human embryonic stem cell and iPS cell experience)
• Microbiome sample processing and analysis
• MicroCT and other imaging analyses
• Experience with mouse survival surgeries
• Post-graduate training in field
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04257. Applicants’ materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.