Open date: November 8, 2022
Most recent review date: Wednesday, Nov 23, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, May 8, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior or Assistant Specialist- Hernandez Lab
The Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences is now recruiting a Junior or Assistant Specialist. The successful candidates will work in the field of population genetics, human genetics, computational/statistical genomics, or a related field. Projects will focus on a range of topics from modeling how evolutionary forces shape patterns of genetic variation to genetic architecture of complex traits to multi-omics analysis of complex diseases. Most work will be computational, though some opportunities for wet lab work will arise. This is primarily a training position. Successful candidates should be interested in exploring a research career. It is anticipated that the successful candidates will apply to graduate schools 1-2 years after joining our group.
• Junior rank- possess a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of relevant research experience.
• Assistant rank- possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Must be proficient in one or more programming languages (or excited to gain coding proficiency
• Have statistical training or eager to gain training in statistical thinking
• Have a background in genetics (or a related biological field) or be interested in learning about this field
• Have some prior exposure to computational research (at least 4 weeks in duration).
• Candidate’s must meet the required qualifications at the time of start.
• Candidate’s CV must state qualifications (or if pending) upon submission.
• Candidates that are eligible to join the PROPEL training program (propel.ucsf.edu) are especially encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04239, with a CV, cover letter, and statement of research, and three reference contacts.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.