Open date: November 2, 2022
Next review date: Friday, Dec 15, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Thursday, May 2, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Clinical and Translational Researcher
The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of California, San Francisco is dedicated to building strong, research-focused clinical programs across the department. In support of this goal, the department
is committed to recruiting exceptional faculty members with strong records and potential for conducting outstanding clinical and translational research relevant to neuropsychiatric disease, broadly defined, including but not limited to developmental, psychological and behavioral sciences, including intervention
and prevention sciences, health services, and incorporating social, environmental, or genetic influences.
Applications will be held and reviewed based on availability of positions and funding. Start dates are variable, and these positions will be filled in a rank and series commensurate with experience.
• MD, PhD, or equivalent
• Record of peer-reviewed publications
• Record of research grant funding (e.g. K award or imminent application for junior faculty candidates, record of R01 or equivalent funding for senior faculty candidates)
• Track record of investigational work in at least one of the clinical or translational sciences
• Track record of collaborative approach to research
• Track record in teaching and mentoring
• Report to the UCSF Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Vice Chair for Research
• Build and direct an actively-funded clinical and translational research program
• Collaborate effectively and develop joint programs with faculty members within the Department of
Psychiatry, other departments at UCSF, and other colleagues to promote clinical and translational research
• Participate in departmental, university, and/or public service
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04221.
The posted UC salary scales set the minimum pay determined by rank and step at appointment. See Table 5: https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/2022-23/oct-2022-salary-scales/t5-summary.pdf. The minimum base salary range for this position is $92,100-$284,100. This position includes membership in the health sciences compensation plan (https://ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-670.pdf) which provides for eligibility for additional compensation.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
About UC San Francisco
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.