Open date: November 16, 2022
Next review date: Monday, Dec 4, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Thursday, May 16, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Mental Health Clinician-Educator,
San Francisco VA Health Care System
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications from Clinician Educator members of the SFVAHCS Mental Health Service for a UCSF affiliate-paid faculty appointment. Applications will be held and reviewed based on availability of SFVAHCS Mental Health Service positions and funding. Start dates are variable, and these positions will be filled in the UC HS Clinical Professor or Professor of Clinical Psychiatry series at the rank commensurate with experience.
- Current SFVAHCS employment OR in process of applying for a SFVAHCS position. Note: If you do not have a current SFVAHCS employment, please state in your application that you are in the process of applying for one upon application submission.
- ABPN board certified or board-eligible psychiatrist OR clinical psychologist OR other advanced mental health discipline practitioner; and licensed to practice by the Medical Board of California OR California Board of Psychology OR California Board of Behavioral Sciences (type of license and expiration date must be explicitly listed in your CV)
- Demonstrated excellence in clinical, educational, and/or administrative roles with a strong commitment to an academic career as a clinician-educator
- Demonstrated experience working with and strong commitment to veteran populations, and understanding and delivering specialized treatment needs
- Demonstrated cultural competence in working with underserved and culturally diverse populations
- Perform direct clinical care
- Teach, supervise, and assess UCSF trainees
- Engage in innovation and continual improvements in clinical and educational programs
- Participate in departmental, university, and public service
Apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04216, with a CV, statement of teaching, and a statement of contributions to diversity.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
About UC San Francisco
As a University employee, you will be required to comply with all applicable University policies and/or collective bargaining agreements, as may be amended from time to time. Federal, state, or local government directives may impose additional requirements.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.