Open date: October 12, 2022
Next review date: Saturday, Dec 31, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Friday, Apr 12, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist track
The University of California, San Francisco School of Nursing Department of Physiological Nursing is seeking qualified individuals for a part-time to full-time faculty appointment in the Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (AG CNS) track. The selected candidates will be appointed in the Health Sciences Clinical or Adjunct series at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor, depending on their qualifications and experience.
Faculty will participate in the education and training of students at both the Master of Science and Doctor of Nursing Practice graduate levels. The School of Nursing plans to transition to the DNP degree for all APRN specialties, including AG CNS, by AY 2024-25. The position may incorporate a variety of roles of variable percentage to include teaching, clinical practice, service, and creative activities.
Teaching Responsibilities Include:
• Instruct Advanced Practice Nursing students in the classroom, skills lab/simulation, and clinical setting with a focus on adult-gerontological population spanning wellness through acute care.
• Coordinate and/or supervise AGCNS students in the clinical environment for clinical rotations; maintain communication and collaboration with clinical preceptors
• Advise and mentor AGCNS students; provide remediation as needed.
• Review and revise AGCNS curriculum to assure fidelity with current and future competency and graduate nursing education guidelines from NACNS, ANCC and other professional organizations.
• DNP or PhD in nursing is required for appointment in the Health Sciences Clinical series.
• A minimum of a master’s degree in nursing is required for appointment in the Adjunct series.
• Active, or eligible for, Registered Nurse license issued by the California BRN
• Active, or eligible for, Clinical Nurse Specialist certification by the California BRN
• Applicant must have all requirements met by time of hire.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
• Doctoral degree in nursing (DNP or PhD).
• National Board Certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist.
• Two or more years of classroom and/or clinical teaching/precepting experience with Advanced Practice Nursing students at the graduate level.
• Evidence of teaching excellence in classroom and/or clinical environments.
• Evidence of strong leadership skills in clinical and/or academic settings.
• Clinical experience in cardiovascular, oncology or critical care specialties, preferably with an underserved and diverse adult-gerontological population.
• Experience with hybrid and/or distance learning delivery.
• Participation and/or leadership experience in professional organizations or at the institutional level.
To receive full consideration, please submit all materials by the initial review date. However, this position will remain open until filled. Please apply on-line at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04202.
For additional information, please contact Lynda Mackin, Search Committee Chair, Lynda.Mackin2@ucsf.edu.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Key Publications and Syllabi of Courses Taught, if applicable (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.