Open date: October 3, 2022
Most recent review date: Wednesday, Nov 2, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Apr 3, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior Specialist – Toczyski Lab
The Cancer Center is seeking a Junior Specialist. Responsibilities include general lab maintenance, including ordering supplies and upkeep. Performing and designing experiments, with frequent input from Dr. Toczyski and other members of the lab. These will involve both cell biological and biochemical experiments. Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service.
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) in Molecular Biology (or a related field) or must have at least four years of research experience (e.g., with instrumentation and research equipment, social science research methods, or creative activities).
• Undergraduates or work related molecular biology research experience required.
• Incumbent must have experience in lab maintenance, protein sample preparation and western blotting, cloning, protein purification, and tissue culture.
• All requirements must be met by the appointment date.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
• Post-graduate training in field.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04196.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.