Open date: September 26, 2022
Next review date: Tuesday, Jan 31, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Tuesday, Mar 26, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Associate / Full Specialist - the Gilbert and Przybyla labs at UCSF
The laboratories of Dr. Luke Gilbert and Dr. Laralynne Przybyla are searching for a motivated candidate to fill a Specialist role. We are looking for an individual with extensive experience in human induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) models, iPSC differentiation and organoid culture as well as single cell multiomics approaches.
• Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) in a biological or computational discipline or at least five to ten years of experience.
• Specialists appointed at the Full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) in a biological or computational discipline or ten or more years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions and may participate in University and Public Service.
• Candidate must meet the qualifications at the time of appointment. Candidate’s CV and/or cover letter must state qualifications (or if pending) upon submission.
Skills required (can be a combination):
• Advanced cell culturing methods such as iPSC differentiation and 3D organoids
• NGS experience (single cell sequencing a plus)
• Python/R for data analysis
• Molecular biology and cloning
• Flow cytometry with a preference for BD systems
• Fluorescence Microscopy
• Lentivirus production and cell transduction
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Functional Genomics screening (CRISPR/Cas9 a plus) in mammalian systems
• High Content Screening
• Next Generation Sequencing sample preparation and data analysis with a preference for Illumina platforms.
• Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
• Cover Letter
• Statement of Research (Optional)
• Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
• Misc / Additional (Optional)
Please apply at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04184
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.