Open date: September 30, 2022
Most recent review date: Wednesday, Feb 1, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Saturday, Mar 30, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Rutishauser Lab is now recruiting for a Professional Researcher. The candidate will be responsible for conducting hypothesis-driven research projects related to human CD8+ T cell biology and immune responses to HIV and other viral pathogens in the Rutishauser Lab, using high parameter techniques (spectral flow cytometry, mass cytometry, single cell transcriptomics) and advanced bioinformatic analysis approaches (in collaboration with Data Scientists). The candidate will contribute to multiple publications and grant submissions and will have opportunities for the submission of investigator-initiated funding applications. The Rutishauser Lab is a relatively new lab - we care deeply about individualized mentorship and are keen to recruit applicants from diverse backgrounds.
• PhD in biology/immunology or a related science, utilizing the techniques or methods required by the position (flow and/or mass cytometry, RNA sequencing).
• Experience with good sterile technique.
• Proficiency in tissue and cell processing.
• Experience working under Biosafety Level 2 (or above) conditions (ideal).
• Ability to follow written procedures accurately and maintain accurate lab notebook, participant records and specimen inventory.
• Strong computer literacy skills, including Word and Excel.
• Experience in - or desire to learn - programming in R or Python.
• Strong organizational and communication skills.
• The preferred candidate will have experience working with high parameter immunology data (flow cytometry, mass cytometry) and experience with the analysis of single-cell genomic data. In addition, the candidate should possess excellent collaborative skills and strong proficiency in verbal and written science communication.
• History of potential to develop a sustained source of research funding.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04181. Applicants’ materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.