Open date: August 31, 2022
Most recent review date: Wednesday, Feb 1, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, Feb 29, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Specialist- The Laboratory for Genomic Research (LGR)
The Laboratory for Genomic Research (LGR) is a new functional genomics center on the UCSF Mission Bay campus. The LGR represents a novel hybrid model that brings together researchers from UC Berkeley, UC San Francisco, and GlaxoSmithKline under a single roof working on projects both together and independently. The outputs of those research projects will be focused on deciphering biological functions of genes, identifying new drug targets and developing new technologies that will advances discovery in both academia and industry. The new laboratory will also be a resource for investigators at both UC campuses who will be able to access and use the LGR to answer their own biological and biomedical questions.
The LGR is searching for motivated candidates to fill multiple Specialist roles. We are looking for individuals with extensive experience in Next Generation Sequencing, especially single cell sequencing, with a knack for methods development. We are also searching for candidates with functional genomics screening (with a focus on CRISPR/Cas9) especially in advanced cell culturing techniques such as differentiated iPSCs and organoids.
- Specialists appointed at the Junior rank must possess a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of research experience.
- Specialists appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five to ten years of experience.
- Specialists appointed at the Full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of experience in the relevant specialization.
- Candidate must meet the qualifications at the time of appointment. Candidate’s CV and/or cover letter must state qualifications (or if pending) upon submission.
- NGS experience (single cell sequencing a plus)
- Advanced cell culturing methods, such as iPSC differentiation or 3D organoids
- Molecular biology and cloning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- High Content Screening
- Functional Genomics screening (CRISPR/Cas9 a plus) in mammalian systems
- Flow cytometry with a preferences for BD systems
- Fluorescence Microscopy
- Next Generation Sequencing sample preparation and data analysis with a preference for Illumina platforms.
- Lentivirus production and cell transduction
See Table 24B (https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/2022-23/july-2022-salary-scales/t24-b.pdf) for the salary range for this position. A reasonable estimate for this position is $49,000-$173,900.
Please apply online with CV and cover letter at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04148. To receive full consideration, please submit all materials prior to the initial review date. However, this position will remain open until filled.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.