Open date: September 8, 2022
Most recent review date: Monday, Oct 31, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Mar 8, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
ADJUNCT FACULTY POSITION
The Department of Family Health Care Nursing and Community Health Systems, University of California, San Francisco School of Nursing announce a search for Adjunct faculty positions. Faculty will be appointed at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in the Adjunct series, depending upon the individual's level of experience and extramural funding. Faculty will be appointed between 10-100% FTE. Affiliation will be based on his/her area of expertise.
We are seeking scientists with an emerging or established research career whose research focuses on areas designated as a strategic priority for the School of Nursing, namely health equity, aging and the life course, community and population health, digital health and data science, and symptom science. Within these broad themes, scientists in the Department of Community Health Systems Nursing focuses include behavioral health, biobehavioral, occupational, and environmental health. Scientists in the Department of Family Health Care Nursing focuses on the health and optimal development of children, adults, and families across the lifespan. Priority populations who are traditionally underrepresented including: sexual and gender minority, veterans, persons of color.
The primary emphasis of these faculty positions is research, but the potential to contribute to other aspects of the academic mission, i.e., teaching, mentoring, service, and professional practice, will be viewed as highly desirable.
Successful candidates must have earned a Doctoral Degree or equivalent terminal degree at the start of the appointment. Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
Additional qualifications of successful candidates include:
• Research programs or teaching experience that will be synergistic with departmental teaching and departmental/school research priorities.
• For a research position focus, candidate must possess either demonstrated sustained record of extramural funding for research in one or more of the areas listed above or current employment at a UCSF affiliated organization. The primary academic emphasis of these positions is research, but candidates must also possess excellent teaching and mentoring skills, have a record of contributions to university and public service, and have demonstrated evidence of professional competence as appropriate to their level of experience.
• Demonstrated record of and willingness to mentor graduate students and other trainees, include trainees on research projects, and teach as needed. If interested in a teaching position, demonstrated record of teaching.
• Research candidates are expected to cover their salary, fringe benefits, any shared Department expenses, and other specific expenses related to their programs through extramural funding. Salary support for teaching effort negotiated.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04126.
To receive full consideration, please submit all materials by the initial review date. However, this position will remain open until filled. For additional information, please contact Mijung Park, Search Committee Chair, at Mijung.Park@ucsf.edu.
The Department of Community Health Systems and Department of Family Health Care Nursing have a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and are particularly interested in candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to and experience in improving access to higher education and opportunities to participate in research for disadvantaged students and staff.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.