Open date: August 3, 2022
Most recent review date: Tuesday, Dec 20, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Saturday, Feb 3, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Shen lab at UCSF Parnassus campus has an immediate opening for a research specialist. The lab uses cutting edge genetics and genomics tool to investigate the cell type-specific transcriptional control. We are particularly interested in how genetics and epigenetic variations at enhancer elements affect targeting gene expression. Meanwhile, we are also developing novel genomics tools to address those questions. Techniques used in the lab include epigenomics tools (ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq, RNA-Seq, STARR-Seq, and Hi-C), Stem cell tools (hESCs/iPSCs differentiation into neural lineages), genetics (crispr/Cas9 mediated genome editing), and computational analysis.
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess (or in process of obtaining) a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of research experience (e.g., with instrumentation and research equipment, social science research methods, or creative activities).
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess (or in process of obtaining) a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess (or in process of obtaining) a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five to ten years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Specialists appointed at the full rank must possess (or in process of obtaining) a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• The selected candidate will be required to be skilled in molecular cloning and tissue culture.
• Applicant must meet all qualifications by time of hire.
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04092. Applicants’ materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2-4 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.