Open date: August 1, 2022
Next review date: Saturday, Oct 15, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Thursday, Feb 1, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Master of Science Healthcare Administration & Interprofessional Leadership Program (MS-HAIL)
UCSF School of Nursing seeks a Director for the Master of Science in Health Care Administration and Interprofessional Leadership (MS-HAIL) Program. This full-time faculty position provides overall leadership for the program and its students, and directs the administrative aspects of the program. In the administrative role of Director, the candidate reports to the Associate Dean for Academic Programs in the School of Nursing and the Associate Dean for graduate programs. The candidate will be appointed to one of the School of Nursing's departments. Departmental affiliation will be based on the candidate’s area of expertise. In addition to the administrative oversight of the program, the Director will participate in other aspects of the faculty role, including teaching, scholarship, clinical service, and community service.
The vision for the MS-HAIL program was to prepare a cadre of interprofessional leaders to effect essential change in the health care system and address demands of the rapidly changing healthcare environment by providing greater access to high-quality education for working professionals, increasing the number of healthcare leaders prepared for interprofessional management and team roles, and developing a realistic and self-supporting program. In the program, students examine issues facing healthcare professionals every day such as organizational complexity, leadership, innovation, healthcare policy and economics, effective business practices, and management of social and human capital. Students can complete the highly online master’s program in as little as one year. Healthcare professionals with baccalaureate degrees in clinical or non-clinical areas of study are eligible for admission;
The successful candidate will be appointed at the rank of Associate or Full Professor in the Health Sciences (HS) Clinical or Adjunct series depending on qualifications.
Position Responsibilities Include:
• Operate a fiscally successful program, including monitoring and recommending additional resources, as necessary
• Provide supervision and leadership for program faculty and staff
• Oversee accreditation and program evaluation activities;
• Oversee the curriculum development and educational delivery strategies of the program to promote access to working professionals and to a diverse population of students
• Monitor the curriculum for compliance with national accreditation and UCSF Graduate Division requirements
• Collaborate to facilitate curriculum or resource sharing, where feasible, within guidelines for self-supporting programs
• Oversee marketing, recruitment and screening, and enrollment of program applicants
• Collaborate with Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, and department chairs to identify and
enable faculty development opportunities
• Represent the Program in School of Nursing leadership forums
• Oversee collection and analysis of program data and support analysis related to meeting accreditation standards
• Collaborate on evidence-based practices and approaches for continuous quality improvement processes
• Act as faculty academic advisor for students;
• Teach in the online program
• Develop and manage partner organization relationships (e.g. CAHL, ACHE, CAHME, AUPHA, Bay Area hospitals);
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Doctoral degree (or equivalent degree) in a healthcare field from an accredited university at the time of hire;
• Experience teaching within an online education environment;
• Five or more years of administrative, managerial and educational (teaching) experience in an academic practice setting or complex health care environment;
• Commitment and experience with interprofessional education;
• Demonstrated commitment to University Pride values;
• Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
Qualifications - Desired:
• Demonstrated excellence in healthcare practice and academic leadership;
• Experience with accreditation;
• Excellent analytic and strategic skills;
• Excellent judgment and decision-making capacity;
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written);
• Experience managing organizational complexity;
• Commitment to innovation in education.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04080.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.