Open date: July 26, 2022
Most recent review date: Wednesday, Aug 31, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Jan 26, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Larson Lab – Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist
The Larson lab is seeking a Junior, Assistant, Associate, or Full Specialist to work on the development of new advanced medical imaging technologies, which requires the development of specialized acquisition, reconstruction, and/or image analysis methods. These technologies are being applied broadly to improve patient care in the areas of prostate cancer, kidney cancer, metastatic cancer, heart diseases, kidney diseases, lung diseases, and neurodegenerative diseases. This candidate will also assist in the deployment and application of these methods into patient studies. They must be able to work and communicate well in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Specialists appointed at the Junior rank must possess a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) in Bioengineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science (or related discipline) or at least four years of research experience.
- Specialists appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five years to ten years of research experience.
- Specialists appointed at the Full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of research experience.
- Applicants must meet all the requirements by the time of hire.
- Candidate’s CV and/or cover letter must state qualifications (or if pending) upon submission.
- Experience with Image visualization and image processing
- Scientific programming experience (e.g. Matlab and/or Python)
- Experience with medical images and data
- Software experience such as C++ or similar
- Machine Learning experience in PyTorch, TensorFlow or similar
- Basic knowledge of anatomy and physiology
- Able to perform scientific literature review
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
See Table 24B (https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/2022-23/july-2022-salary-scales/t24-b.pdf) for the salary range for this position. A reasonable estimate for this position is $49,000-$173,900.
Please apply online at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04074 with cover letter, CV and statement of research.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.