Open date: July 21, 2022
Most recent review date: Friday, Nov 25, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Sunday, Jan 21, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Evans Lab – Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist
The Evans lab is seeking a Junior, Assistant, Associate, or Full Specialist to develop and evaluate new radiopharmaceuticals for cancer imaging and treatment.
Responsibilities will include assisting in the in vitro characterization of the pharmacology of the radiopharmaceuticals by performing techniques like tissue culture, protein expression and purification, immunoblot, flow cytometry, biolayer interferometry, qPCR. Moreover, this role will require direct animal handling, which will include establishing and maintaining an animal colony of mouse models of human cancer, and small animal imaging and treatment studies. Lastly, the candidate will be expected to keep records of purchasing, maintaining an up-to-date chemical inventory, and exercising safe laboratory practices.
- Specialists appointed at the Junior rank must possess a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry (or related discipline) or at least four years of research experience.
- Specialists appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five years to ten years of research experience.
- Specialists appointed at the Full rank must possess a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or ten or more years of research experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be comfortable handling small amounts of radioactive material and working directly with mice.
- Applicants must meet all the requirements by the time of hire.
- Candidate’s CV and/or cover letter must state qualifications (or if pending) upon submission.
- At least one year of extramural research experience in an academic or industry lab.
- Prior hands-on experience with cell biology techniques (tissue culture, RNA/protein extraction, rtPCR, immunoblot, flow cytometry).
- Prior hands-on experience with small animal experiments.
- Fluency with data analysis packages like R, PRISM, and Excel.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
See Table 24B (https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/2022-23/july-2022-salary-scales/t24-b.pdf) for the salary range for this position. A reasonable estimate for this position is $49,000-$173,900.
Please apply online at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04072 with CV and contact information for three references.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.