Open date: July 14, 2022
Most recent review date: Wednesday, Nov 30, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Sunday, Jan 14, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
School of Nursing
University of California, San Francisco
HS Clinical or Clinical X Faculty Search
The School of Nursing is seeking outstanding applicants to support the teaching and scholarly resources for the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) Program. The selected candidate will be appointed at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor rank, in the Health Sciences or Clinical X series, depending on qualifications. Appointments will be made between 20-100% FTE. Faculty positions will be assigned to an appropriate academic Nursing Department, which will be determined upon hire.
About the Program: The DNP program is UCSF’s newest degree program in nursing, having launched with its first cohort in April 2018; the initial accreditation review was completed in September 2019. The seven quarter, hybrid program is delivered online (synchronous and asynchronous) and in designated multi-day long intensives on the UCSF campus. Expansion of enrollment and into new areas of specialty are anticipated. The duties of this position can be fulfilled remotely, with the expectation of coming to the UCSF Parnassus campus for designated multi-day long intensives.
Areas of Responsibility:
• Participation with DNP program faculty in the ongoing development, implementation and evaluation of the DNP program courses and curriculum
• Advisement of students
• Recruitment and selection of applicants for the program
• Oversight and direction of students’ DNP Scholarly Project
• Participation in scholarly activities
• Service within the School and the profession
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Doctor of Nursing Practice or PhD in nursing or allied field; if PhD is not in nursing, a minimum of a Master’s degree in nursing is required
• One or more years of experience teaching at the graduate level (Master’s degree or higher degree), with responsibility for course design and implementation
• Demonstrated success in teaching
• Involvement in scholarly/creative professional activities
• Successful experience working with diverse groups, consistent with UCSF’s PRIDE values
• Eligibility for licensure as a registered nurse in California
• Applicant must have all requirements met by time of hire
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
• Experience with online/distance education and technology enhanced learning, including the design and delivery of graduate level course work
• Inter-professional experience in health care or education
• Strong oral and written communication skills, creative problem solving skills and effective interpersonal skills
• Current active, unencumbered RN licensure issued by CA BRN
• National certification or fellowship designation (or eligibility for certification) in nursing leadership or in an APRN role
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of Research (scholarly interests and accomplishments)
• Statement of Teaching Contributions
• Statement of Contributions to Diversity (prior contributions to diversity initiatives and your vision for future diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives)
• Names and titles of 3 references. Note: References will not be contacted without applicant approval.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04053.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research - Scholarly interests and accomplishments.
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Prior contributions to diversity initiatives and your vision for future diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
- 3 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.