Open date: July 13, 2022
Most recent review date: Saturday, Aug 13, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Saturday, Jan 13, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior, Assistant, or Associate Specialist- Morgan Laboratory
The Morgan laboratory at the UCSF Mission Bay campus (https://morganlab.ucsf.edu) is seeking a Specialist to join our team of talented scientists studying the regulatory enzymes that control chromosome behavior in mitosis. These studies will involve a combination of molecular biology, protein expression and purification, enzymology, mammalian cell culture, and microscopy. In addition to supporting the work of other team members and helping with lab management, the candidate will pursue an independent research project under the supervision of lab members and the PI.
- Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess a bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, or related field.
- Specialists appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks must possess a master’s degree in biology, chemistry, or related field or five to ten years of research experience.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, the basic techniques required by the position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Over 2 years experience in methods of molecular biology and DNA manipulation
- Over 2 years experience in mammalian cell culture
- Detail-oriented, meticulous, highly organized, punctual
- Ability to work on a team, take initiative, solve problems, and communicate effectively
- Experience in protein expression and purification
- Experience in advanced light microscopy
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04043, with a CV, cover letter, and two reference contacts.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.