Open date: July 8, 2022
Next review date: Saturday, Dec 31, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Monday, Jan 8, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Tenured Faculty Position - Associate or Full Professor: Health Equity Research
The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) School of Nursing invites applications for a tenured faculty position aligned with our mission-critical area of HEALTH EQUITY.
Background: As a premier public university and a national and global leader in the preparation of nurse scientists, the UCSF School of Nursing is committed to advancing scholarship and teaching in health equity. Health equity represents one of the signature research themes of our school, as identified in our strategic plan, and is closely tied to University core PRIDE Values (Professional, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence). As part of our commitment to advancing health equity, we anticipate a series of hires for scholars in this area.
Position Description: Major responsibilities include: provide national and/or global thought leadership in the advancement of health equity, including the social determinants of health for groups who experience worse health or health outcomes than the general population; conduct research in areas that advance our understanding of the health needs of groups who experience health disparities; direct and advise the work of trainees and faculty colleagues who share an interest in health equity; participate in the development and delivery of curricula that will advance health equity; participate in our community as a leader and advocate for health equity.
This full-time faculty position will be assigned to an appropriate academic department, which will be determined upon hire.
Selected candidates will be appointed at the level of Associate, or Full Professor in the Ladder Rank (tenure-earning) series depending upon qualifications.
• PhD in Nursing or related field.
• Active, or eligible for, unencumbered RN licensure issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
• Evidence of excellence in teaching/mentoring, research/creative work, professional activities, and university/public service consistent with the Associate or Full Professor rank.
• Demonstrated success in the development of a funded program of scholarship
• Applicant must have all requirements met by time of hire.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
• Leadership of multidisciplinary research teams.
• Demonstrated impact of research related to health equity.
• Leadership in teaching and mentoring at the graduate and postdoctoral levels, with responsibility for directing the research of various levels of learners.
• Demonstrated teaching excellence, including experience designing and developing online nursing coursework.
• Demonstrated expertise in teaching, mentoring and/or research that addresses the experience of underrepresented minorities.
• Experience working with underserved and diverse populations.
• Strong communication, writing, problem solving and interpersonal abilities.
3 references required (contact information only). Letters of references may be requested at a later date for finalists.
For further information, please contact the Search Chair: Sandra Weiss PhD, RN, FAAN at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04032.
Please submit all materials prior to the initial review date. However, this position will remain open until filled.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Up to three relevant publications
- 3 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.