Open date: July 1, 2022
Most recent review date: Monday, Aug 1, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Monday, Jan 1, 2024 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The gastroenterologist will devote their effort to patient care in interventional endoscopy, as well as academic work in research, quality improvement, medical education, program development or another academic area. The individual will report to the Chief of the Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at UCSF Health.
Minimum Requirements: Candidates must be board certified or eligible in gastroenterology and have completed an additional of year of training in interventional endoscopy or equivalent. The candidate will be expected to be fully competent to perform diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP and EUS. Additional interventional endoscopic competencies in procedures such as ESD, POEM, TIF or the endoscopic treatment of obesity (bariatric endoscopy) would be welcome.
The appointment will be made at the level of Clinical Instructor through Professor Rank in the Adjunct, HS Clinical, or Clinical X series. Our goal is to provide new faculty members with clinical experiences that match their interests while also creating opportunities to explore and develop a path for academic success and a rewarding career in academic medicine.
Highlights of this role include:
• A supportive and truly interdisciplinary team where each member is an equal contributor
• Dedicated and gifted faculty and staff, including other highly experienced interventional endoscopists, and outstanding trainees at all levels (medical students, residents, and fellows)
• Academic environment with commitment to excellence in patient care, education, and research
• Strong research environment and collaborative culture within the Divisions and Institution that affords virtually unlimited opportunities for interdisciplinary research, program development, academic productivity, and education
• Institutional culture that is highly receptive and friendly to patient care
• Opportunity to serve as an Attending Physician on the interdisciplinary care service both in the inpatient and outpatient setting
• Opportunities to direct clinical and educational programs within the hospital and the community.
• Protected time for academic work and a structured curriculum for faculty career development and leadership
• Diverse patient population.
Successful candidates will have strong references and evidence of or potential for outstanding leadership in academic medicine.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF04013. Applicants’ materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.