Open date: May 5, 2022
Most recent review date: Friday, Jan 6, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Sunday, Nov 5, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Liu Lab – Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE – Anatomy
The Liu lab is seeking a Specialist at the Junior, Assistant, Associate or Full rank to join our group and contribute to new and ongoing projects. Our lab studys nutrient specific appetite, using Drosophila fruit flies as a model system. The area of specialization/responsibilities for this position include:
• Molecular biology, including DNA extraction, PCR, and molecular cloning
• Fly genetics and Behavioral testing
An exceptional candidate will lead their own independent project, develop new ideas, be familiar with the literature, and participate in procurement of funds, where appropriate. Additionally, the specialist will be expected to assist with managing day-to-day lab operations, and perform general lab duties and be a positive lab citizen.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
• Willingness and ability to learn new methods and skills for changing research priorities.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a research team.
• Ability to prioritize tasks, coordinate work tasks with others, and meet multiple deadlines.
• Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) or four years of research experience to be appointed at the Junior rank.
• Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five to ten years of research experience to be appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks.
• Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or at least ten or more years of research experience to be appointed at the Full rank.
• Prior experience with fly genetics
• Prior experience in bacterial genome manipulation
We are seeking at least a 1-year commitment. Depending on performance and workload, co-authorship on scientific publications will be possible.
Applicants must meet requirements by the time of appointment. CV must list pending qualifications. Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03952 with a CV and the contact information for 2 references. Applicants must meet requirements by the time of appointment.
San Francisco, CA
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.