Open date: May 13, 2022
Most recent review date: Monday, Oct 31, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Monday, Nov 13, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Chair, Department of Urology
School of Medicine
University of California, San Francisco
The School of Medicine at UC San Francisco seeks an outstanding individual to lead its Department of Urology. The successful candidate will have exceptional administrative and organizational skills and a national reputation as a leader in academic medicine. The individual chosen will hold responsibility for the overall direction of this distinguished Institute. Among other specific responsibilities, the Department Chair:
• Acts collaboratively and makes decisions based on what will bring the greatest benefit to the Department, the School, and the overall institution, balancing the needs of the department with the needs of the School and University
• Actively fosters, and demonstrates full commitment to cultivating, a diverse, equitable and inclusive climate
• Actively fosters a climate that is supportive of professional development and mentoring for faculty, staff and learners
• Promotes teamwork both within a department and between/among other departments in all aspects of academic and clinical functions
• Serves as a role model for the department by demonstrating commitment to the School’s and the University’s core values and ideals
• Upholds the University’s Code of Conduct, demonstrating the highest ethical and professional standards, respect and concern for individuals and the department, and promoting personal and professional responsibility and accountability in all activities
• Cultivates relationships across the campus among other departments and schools, across the UC System, and with colleagues at national and international levels; and
• Works collaboratively with San Francisco and Bay Area community leaders to identify learning and research opportunities that will benefit all.
An MD, PhD or equivalent degree required.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03945.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.