Open date: March 22, 2022
Next review date: Wednesday, Nov 2, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Friday, Sep 22, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Oni-Orisan Lab - Associate Specialist
Department of Clinical Pharmacy
School of Pharmacy
Generally conducts analysis of genomic and health record datasets that are responsive to current lab research aims in clinical pharmacology and cardiovascular disease. Specifically, this includes applying computer programming approaches, generating population-based phenotypes through pharmacoepidemiological study design, performing genomic association analyses, and conducting biostatistical methods.
Contributes to grants, manuscripts, presentations, and other forms of scientific dissemination by performing calculations, preparing figures/tables, and drafting methods.
Assists in training students, post-doctoral scholars, and other members of the lab in the above techniques.
- Master's Degree with 5+ years of research experience or PhD in relevant field
- Intermediate knowledge of HPC / data science / CI
- Advanced skills, and demonstrated experience associated with one or more of the following: HPC hardware and software power and performance analysis and research, design, modification, Implementation and deployment of HPC or data science or CI applications and tools
- Demonstrated ability to regularly interface with management
- Demonstrated ability to contribute research and technical content to grant proposals
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization and to external research and education audiences
- Proven skills and experience in independently resolving broad computing / data / CI problems using introductory and / or intermediate principles
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines
- Thorough experience working in a complex computing / data / CI environment encompassing all or some of the following: HPC, data science infrastructure and tools / software, and diverse domain science application base
- Proven ability to successfully work on multiple concurrent projects
- Proven ability to understand research computing / data / CI needs, mapping use cases to requirements and how systems / software / infrastructure can support those needs and meet the requirements. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement such solutions.
- Demonstrated broad experience in one or more of the following: optimizing, benchmarking, HPC performance and power modeling, analyzing hardware, software, and applications for HPC / data / CI
- Post-graduate training in field
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03882 by submitting cover letter and curriculum vitae. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Applicant materials must list current qualifications upon submission. The selected candidate must meet the qualifications by the time of application.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.