Open date: March 15, 2022
Most recent review date: Thursday, May 12, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Sep 15, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF School of Medicine and UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals
Department of Pediatrics
Professional Researcher Series
The Department of Pediatrics is now recruiting candidates for appointment within the Professional Researcher Series at the Assistant, Associate or Full rank. Rank is commensurate with experience.
- A candidate for a title in this series must have earned a doctorate or its equivalent.
- Demonstrate success in grant submissions;
- Demonstrate success in mentorship and training; and
- Completion of post-doctoral fellowship.
- Develop and conduct research projects in the laboratory of an established Principal Scientist with minimal guidance.
- Maintain productive interactions with laboratory staff members and postdoctoral fellows.
- Participate in experimental design, data analysis and interpretation and in preparing and presenting research results in scientific settings.
- Other essential functions include:
- Excellent understanding of scientific background in one or more research areas;
- Ability to understand, adapt, and with direction set up experimental protocols and analytical procedures;
- Expected to participate in the theoretical analysis of experimental results and in devising subsequent experiments and/or analyses;
- Keeps current on recent trends in specific research interest;
- May maintain equipment, work area and supplies for specific project;
- Shares findings with others; and
- May train individuals in specific research areas.
The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is one of the top biomedical research institutions in the nation. For the 15th year in a row, UCSF garnered the top spot among public institutions in funding from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in 2021. The Department’s clinical enterprise is based at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital San Francisco, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland, Mount Zion, Zuckerberg San Francisco General, and at a number of outreach clinics throughout Northern California, providing the Department with an unsurpassed opportunity to meet the needs of infants, children, and young adults throughout the Bay Area. In 2021, UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals ranked in all 10 children’s specialties in U.S. News and World Report. Nestled in a dynamic and unique geography distinguished by unprecedented innovations in technology, UCSF and the Department of Pediatrics are able to bring research and industry together to advance health.
See Table 13B (https://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/2022-23/july-2022-salary-scales/t13-b.pdf) for the salary range for this position. A reasonable estimate for this position is $83,300-$221,800.
Interested candidates can apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03870 with a curriculum vitae. Applicant materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission. The selected candidate must meet the qualifications at the time of appointment.
For more information contact:
Marisa Medina, MD
Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.