Open date: March 17, 2022
Next review date: Monday, Jan 30, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Sunday, Sep 17, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF FRESNO FPMRS UROGYNECOLOGY OPPORTUNITY
UCSF Fresno and Central California Faculty Medical Group (CCFMG) are recruiting for an academic faculty in Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery. Responsibilities will include patient care at a faculty practice site, main teaching hospital and our residency clinic, teaching/supervising students and residents, FPMRS procedures and research and quality improvement appropriate to professional training, capabilities, and career goals. Salary and academic rank will be commensurate with qualifications. Administrative/leadership opportunities may be available and opportunities to maintain obstetrical experience is available through labor and delivery coverage (day and on-call).
UCSF Fresno, a regional campus of the University of California, San Francisco, features eight independent residency programs, seventeen fellowship programs and is a major teaching site for UCSF medical students.
At the time of hire, the applicant must have:
- Completed ACGME/AOA accredited OB/GYN residency program
- Completed an FPMRS Fellowship
- Board Certified in OB/GYN
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in FPMRS
- Eligible to obtain a California Medical License or already be licensed in the State of California
- Applicant materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission
At a minimum, the responsibility of this position includes:
- Service to UCSF Fresno and CCFMG in areas of patient care, teaching and supervision, and research appropriate to their professional training, capabilities, and career goals.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Academic appointment and malpractice with UCSF School of Medicine
- Dedicated outpatient pelvic floor clinic (resident clinic)
- Private faculty clinic, fully equipped for testing
- Dedicated weekly urogynecology OR block time
- 22 bed L&D with 3 dedicated ORs
- Only tertiary referral and level 1 trauma center in region
- Over 3000 deliveries a year
- Large volume of high-risk obstetrics & gynecologic cases
- State of the art Emergency Department
- 84 Bed Level III NICU
- Dual console da Vinci Robot surgical system
- Please apply at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03847
- Must include CV and a statement of contributions to diversity https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
- 3 References (contact information only)
Department Recruitment Goals:
Recruit physicians who align with the needs of our multicultural population. Recruit physicians who demonstrate a desire/commitment to practice and care for patients in underserved areas. Recruit individuals who have a desire to teach and recruit physicians who want to practice in the Central Valley.
Fresno is a culturally diverse community with over 70 distinct ethnic groups in Fresno County with a large number of immigrants including a large Hmong community and over 50% of our population identifies as Hispanic/Latino. Our department serves as the safety net provider of Obstetrical and Gynecologic care in the Fresno area and surrounding counties for patients without providers or insurance coverage. Our resident clinic is based in a federally qualified health center where 80% of our patients rely on state funded insurance and 10% are uninsured. Our goal is to recruit physicians who want to provide care and address health inequities in the culturally rich San Joaquin Valley.
The program is based in Fresno, California, where residents enjoy a high standard of living combined with a low cost of living. The result is a quality of life uniquely Californian, yet surprisingly affordable. The school system in Fresno and Clovis is excellent (e.g., US News ranked University HS in Fresno 5th out of 1,000+ California high schools). Limitless recreational opportunities and spectacular scenery is all accessible in a community with abundant affordable housing. While there is much to see and do in Fresno, the city is ideally located for fast, convenient getaways to the majestic Sierra (just 90 minutes away) as well as the scenic Central Coast, just two and one-half hours away. Fresno is the only major city in the country with close proximity to three national parks, including renowned Yosemite National Park.
For more information, contact Stephanie Delgado, Physician Recruiter, at Stephanie.Delgado@ccfmg.org.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.