Open date: February 8, 2022
Most recent review date: Thursday, Mar 31, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Tuesday, Aug 8, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF School of Nursing (SON) seeks a Director for the Institute for Health & Aging (IHA). The Institute's goal is to optimize the health and aging of individuals, communities, and society through research, education and public service in the social and behavioral sciences. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Nursing, the Director serves as a campus leader in the oversight of this organized research unit. As a member of the Dean’s leadership team, the Director works collaboratively with members of the School Dean’s Council the to oversee the administration and daily functioning of this defined unit within the SON. In this role s/he is responsible for providing leadership for hiring and development of Institute faculty hiring; support of research programs; evaluation of faculty and staff; and collaborations with campus scientists to advance the thematic interests of the Institute. The role is dynamic and advances the mission of the Institute, in association with School and Campus.
The successful candidate will be appointed at the rank of Associate or Full professor in the Ladder rank (tenure track) series depending on qualifications.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Provides visionary leadership to the IHA, and oversees the daily operations of the unit.
- Serves as a campus leader in the development of knowledge supporting healthy aging.
- Participates as a member of the Dean’s leadership team in advancing the SON’s mission.
- Serve as the principal lead in the mentorship of IHA faculty.
- Lead in the development and evaluation of IHA faculty and staff.
- Identifies the need for faculty recruitments and engages in hiring of faculty where appropriate.
- Oversees the finances of the unit and collaborates with the Associate Dean for Finance and Administration to achieve a balanced budget.
- Serves on committees and councils of the SON, the campus and external organizations.
- Contributes to the educational and research missions in the Director’s area of expertise.
- Contributes scholarly works through research, presentations and publications and seeks funding support.
- Participate in the development and evaluation of short and long-range goals and objectives for the unit in concert with the School’s leadership team.
- Prepare and submit reports as requested/delegated by the Associate Deans and/or Dean.
- Adhere to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations and University and school policies.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Terminal degree in the health professions or PhD in a health-related field.
- At least one year's experience as an administrator, three year’s preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Exceptional scientific achievement in an area related to health and aging.
- A track record of successful leadership/administrative experience in an academic setting.
- A record of successful collaboration in scientific work.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement detailing leadership experience and skills
- Statement of research contributions
- Statement of teaching contributions
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - statement of prior contributions to diversity initiatives and your vision for future diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Names and titles of 3 references. Note: References will not be contacted without applicant approval.
To receive full consideration, please submit all materials prior to the review date. However, this position will remain open until filled.
For additional information, please contact:
Alan D. Johns, Managing Director
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03787.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement of prior contributions to diversity initiatives and your vision for future diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Statement Detailing Leadership Experience and Skills
- 3 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.