Open date: February 11, 2022
Most recent review date: Friday, Jun 10, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Aug 11, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Director of Clinical Programs, Osher Center for Integrative Health
University of California, San Francisco
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Osher Center for Integrative Health and the School of Medicine Dean’s Office seek an outstanding individual for the position of Director of Clinical Programs at the Osher Center for Integrative Health. The faculty appointment will be in a School of Medicine department to be determined based on the area of the candidate’s expertise.
The UCSF Osher Center, founded in 1998, is renowned for its excellence and commitment to the highest quality integrative patient care, education, and research. The Osher Center clinic includes 12 faculty, 3 staff physicians, 8 allied health practitioners, and 8 staff, and is financially stable with a yearly budget of $2.5 million. The Osher Center for Integrative Health is committed to providing the highest-quality healthcare by blending proven conventional and complementary medicine approaches from around the world. Our wide variety of clinical programs focus on safe and effective treatment, patient empowerment, and whole-person healing.
The ideal candidate for Director of Clinical Programs is an academic physician at the Assistant Professor level or above with a strong track record in leadership, scholarship, and innovation. The successful candidate recognizes the value of teamwork in an interprofessional environment and balancing multiple missions in the rapidly changing healthcare context. Applicants must possess a medical degree (MD or DO), medical license in CA (or eligibility for licensure), and board certification.
Job Description and Accountabilities
The Director of Clinical Programs at the Osher Center for Integrative Health is responsible for leading and growing the Osher Center’s clinical programs at UCSF Health sites, including UCSF Mount Zion, UCSF Medical Center at Parnassus, and UCSF Mission Bay, with potential areas of expansion in the future. The Clinic Director is expected to lead in a manner that contributes to the overall success of the Osher Center for Integrative Health, the School of Medicine, and UCSF Health.
The Director of Clinical Programs is required to:
• Build and grow the relevant clinical services, ensure quality of care and patient safety, and achieve excellent outcomes in patient experience and efficiency
• Provide leadership and mentorship to the Osher Center practitioners and staff to ensure effective management and a positive culture
• Promote and expand diversity, equity, and inclusion in clinical care, hiring and retention, and community building
• Provide strong financial stewardship, including effectively managing the budget, responsibly advocating for appropriate resources, and promoting philanthropy
• Contribute to the excellence of the Osher Center, including supporting collaborations between the clinical, educational, and research programs
• Identify and nurture collaborative relationships with individuals and organizations both within and outside of UCSF who can contribute to the mission of the Osher Center
• Participate actively in the Osher Collaborative for Integrative Health, the international network of nine Osher Centers that amplifies collective work in studying, teaching, and practicing integrative healthcare
This is a 1.0 FTE position.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03784. Applicants’ materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
This position is part of a faculty cluster hire to build UCSF Osher Center capacity in integrative health equity through innovative faculty who bring diverse backgrounds, research, and clinical expertise. For more information on our faculty cluster hire strategy, please visit our website (https://osher.ucsf.edu/about-us/join-us).
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional - Statement of Clinical Activities
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.