Open date: January 20, 2022
Most recent review date: Saturday, May 7, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, Jul 20, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior Specialist – Nora Lab
Our group seeks to recruit a junior research specialist to assist in a project involving chromosome and epigenetic control in stem cells:
• Work closely with the principal investigator and other lab members to ensure effective day-to-day laboratory workflow.
• Perform molecular and cell biology experiments, such as DNA cloning, mammalian cell culture and transfection, manipulation of DNA and RNA in vitro, genome engineering, western-blot, quantitative PCR.
• Providing technical support to projects in the lab.
• Lab management responsibilities, including purchasing supplies and reagents, managing inventory, equipment maintenance, ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
• Produce high quality data for publication, grant and possibly patent applications.
More information about the group at https://noralab.ucsf.edu/.
• Hold a Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology, or a related field by the time of hire.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
• Understanding of basic molecular and cell biology.
• Basic laboratory skills (pipetting, data collection/analysis/reporting, project planning, …).
• Excellent experimental, organizational and communication skills.
• Show initiative regarding maintenance of the lab (stocks, equipment, general organization …).
• Be interested in working with the principal investigator to optimize lab management.
• Self-motivation, ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with other lab members.
• Readiness to acquire new and advanced experimental skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft office, ability to communicate through digital media.
• Fluently communicate, read and write the English language.
• Integrity, ability to document work clearly, maintain physical/digital notebooks enabling reproducibility.
• Familiarity with molecular cloning is a plus.
• Familiarity with mammalian cell culture is a plus.
• Familiarity with CRISPR/Cas systems is a plus.
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03772.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
- 2 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.