Open date: November 29, 2021
Next review date: Friday, Feb 3, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Monday, May 29, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF FRESNO PEDIATRIC/ADOLESCENT GYNECOLOGIST OPPORTUNITY
UCSF Fresno and Central California Faculty Medical Group (CCFMG) are recruiting for an academic faculty in Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology. UCSF Fresno, a regional campus of the University of California, San Francisco, features eight independent residency programs, seventeen fellowship programs and is a major teaching site for UCSF medical students.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Academic appointment and malpractice with UCSF School of Medicine
- 22 bed L&D with 3 dedicated ORs
- Only tertiary referral and level 1 trauma center in region
- Over 3000 deliveries a year
- Large volume of high-risk obstetrics & gynecologic cases
- State of the art Emergency Department
- 84 Bed Level III NICU
- Dual console da Vinci Robot surgical system
At the time of hire, the applicant must have:
- Successfully completed ACGME/AOA accredited OB/GYN residency program
- Successfully completed a Pediatric & Adolescent Gynecology Fellowship
- Completion of the ABOG focused practice designation in pediatric & adolescent gynecology if eligible (if not currently eligible, plan to sit for the exam when eligible in the future)
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in OBGYN
- Eligible to obtain a California Medical License or already be licensed in the State of California
At a minimum, the responsibility of this position includes:
- Service to UCSF Fresno and CCFMG in areas of patient care, teaching, and research appropriate to their professional training, capabilities, and career goals.
- This position’s FTE will be shared between the OBGYN and Pediatric Departments. Time allocated to the OBGYN Department to teach and supervise OBGYN residents in the ambulatory clinic will be approximately 20%. The remaining time will be allocated to the Pediatric Department to provide teaching and care in the ambulatory specialty clinic, inpatient consultations, and OR.
- Providing lectures as requested by the Pediatric and Obstetrics & Gynecology Departments.
- Please apply at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03697
- Must include CV and a state of contributions for diversity
- Qualifications in progress should be listed on application as pending
The program is based in Fresno, California, where residents enjoy a high standard of living combined with a low cost of living. The result is a quality of life uniquely Californian, yet surprisingly affordable. The school system in Fresno and Clovis is excellent (e.g. US News ranked University HS in Fresno 5th out of 1,000+ California high schools). Limitless recreational opportunities and spectacular scenery is all accessible in a community with abundant affordable housing. While there is much to see and do in Fresno, the city is ideally located for fast, convenient getaways to the majestic Sierra (just 90 minutes away) as well as the scenic Central Coast, just two and one-half hours away. Fresno is the only major city in the country with close proximity to three national parks, including renowned Yosemite National Park.
For more information, contact Stephanie Delgado, Physician Recruiter, at Stephanie.Delgado@ccfmg.org.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.