Open date: December 7th, 2021
Next review date: Wednesday, Jun 1, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Wednesday, Jun 7, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF School of Medicine and UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals
The Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
HS Clinical, Clinical X, Adjunct, and In Residence Faculty Series
The Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine in the Department of Pediatrics at UCSF is recruiting a full-time faculty member to the Instructor, Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor rank of the Health Sciences (HS) Clinical, Adjunct, Clinical X, or In Residence faculty series to join a Division of 19 clinical and research faculty members. Academic rank is commensurate with experience.
UCSF is located in the historic and beautiful city of San Francisco and is a leading biomedical research institution and top recipient of NIH funding among public universities for 14 consecutive years. San Francisco is a coastal city with a vibrant cultural scene, just a few miles from national parks and Silicon Valley.
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital San Francisco is located in a lively biotechnology hub for academia and industry at the new Mission Bay campus. Opened in 2014, this free-standing children’s hospital with 233 beds is a state-of-the-art facility. Our new adolescent and young adult clinic has completed construction and will open in early 2022. Our second campus is across the Bay, at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland. UCSF’s Benioff Children’s Hospitals are consistently recognized for exceptional care and ranked among the best pediatric medical centers in all 10 children’s specialties in U.S. News and World Report. Our outpatient clinics have a wide reach throughout Northern California and serve a highly diverse population of adolescents and young adults throughout the Bay Area. Our Adolescent Medicine Division is among the oldest in the country and support a diverse set of trainees through the Leadership in Adolescent Health (LEAH) program.
• Qualified candidates must possess a Medical Degree, Board Certification in General Pediatrics, and Board Certification/Eligibility in Adolescent Medicine.
• The faculty member will provide clinical services within our Adolescent and Young Adult Clinical Program. Our primary care clinical practice provides comprehensive care for youth and young adults. Multi-disciplinary specialty services may include managing patients with eating disorders, substance use, reproductive health, and caring for LGBTQ youth and young adults, depending on the applicant’s interests. Inpatient services include medical management of patients with eating disorder and specialty consultation to other hospitalist services. These services are provided at our San Francisco clinic, our SF and Oakland hospitals, regional satellite sites and by telehealth.
• The faculty member will play an active role in the ongoing training and education of medical students, Pediatric Residents (both San Francisco and Oakland) and Adolescent Medicine Fellows.
• The faculty member will join a well-established interdisciplinary Division including faculty in Medicine (Pediatrics and Internal Medicine), Nutrition, Nursing, Social Work, Psychology and Health Policy.
• The faculty member will have access to our well-established faculty development program, designed to assist faculty in achieving successful and fulfilling academic careers.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Interested candidates can apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03679 with a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and statement of contributions to diversity. Applicants’ materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
For more information contact:
Professor in Residence
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.