Open date: October 22, 2021
Most recent review date: Monday, Jan 10, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Saturday, Apr 22, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Assistant/Associate Specialist in the Center for Cerebrovascular Research
The Center for Cerebrovascular Research in the Department of Anesthesia & Perioperative Care at the University of California, San Francisco, seeks an outstanding candidate for a position of Assistant/Associate Specialist. The Center established by the Departments of Anesthesia, studies a range of topics related to the cerebral circulation with special reference to cerebral vascular malformations and occlusive cerebrovascular diseases.
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant rank must possess (or in process of obtaining) a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or must have at least five years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Specialists appointed at the Associate rank must possess (or in process of obtaining) a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or must have at least five to ten years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Applicants must have obtained the degree requirement for the Specialist rank by the time of hire.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
• Have previous experience in vascular biology with strong interest in neuroscience and vascular diseases.
• Be familiar with transgenic and knockout technologies.
• Have hands-on experience on cell culture, flow cytometry, qRT-PCR, ELISA and Western blot analysis.
• Have experience in management of a basic research laboratory.
• Able to work both independently and, in a team.
• Knowledge of bioinformatics is desired.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03654.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.