Open date: October 7, 2021
Most recent review date: Friday, Oct 22, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Apr 7, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
CERTIFIED ORTHOTIST, CERTIFIED ORTHOTIST / PROSTHETIST, CLINIC MANAGER
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Academic Administrator Series
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
Incumbent will work as full-time clinician in the Orthotic and Prosthetic Center in a large medical university setting which includes several Intensive Care Units, Rehabilitation Units, Acute Care Units and many Out-Patient Clinics for service of patients with a wide variety of medical diagnoses.
Candidate will be responsible for clinical evaluations, implementation of a wide assortment of orthotic/ prosthetic treatment modalities, and technical fabrication of orthotic / prosthetic devices. Candidate will also be responsible for assuming a supervisor role of two or more clinicians within the department; ensuring efficient clinical flow and quality of care. Applicant will be required to create and present informative educational presentations to allied health providers. Candidate will serve as resident instructor, which includes relaying techniques and clinical knowledge in a clear and concise manner.
• Must possess: 1) Master’s degree if candidate graduated from O&P school after 2012, or 2) a Bachelor’s degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics (BSPO) / a post- Bachelor Certificate of Completion for those who graduated from an NCOPE accredited Orthotic and Prosthetic Curriculum prior to 2012.
• ABC Certified Orthotist/Prosthetist or ABC Certified Orthotist.
• Prior experience providing direct patient care in an orthotic and prosthetic facility.
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of duties in a patient care setting.
• Excellent communication and team-building / interpersonal skills.
• Have leadership experience.
• Knowledge of disease processes and associated orthotic / prosthetic interventions.
• Familiarity with current treatment modalities, materials and fabrication techniques.
• Experience with scoliosis and cranial remolding.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively.
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a rapidly expanding, multi-center practice. We look forward to hearing from you.
Medical benefits and a generous pension plan are included. Salary will be commensurate to applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03623.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.