Open date: October 8, 2021
Most recent review date: Monday, Jun 13, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Saturday, Apr 8, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
University of California, San Francisco
Department of Radiation Oncology
Professional Researcher (Assistant, Associate, Full Status)
The Department of Radiation Oncology is recruiting a Professional Researcher to join the Feng Lab. The candidate will be responsible for conducting hypothesis-driven research projects, utilizing prostate cancer as a model system. Candidates should have extensive experience using high parameter techniques (CRISPR, single cell transcriptomics, and genomics) and advanced analysis approaches. The candidate will be expected to contribute to multiple publications and grant submissions and will have opportunities for the submission of independent investigator-initiated funding applications.
• Appointees in the Professional Researcher series must possess a doctorate or its equivalent.
• Exceptional track record of independent research in either; Molecular Cell Biology, Computational Biology, or Cancer Biology.
• Expected to possess unique and essential research expertise.
• The candidate should possess excellent collaborative skills and strong proficiencies in verbal and written science communication.
• Exceptional track record of publishing in peer-reviewed journals
• Demonstrate success in grant submissions
• Demonstrate success in mentorship and training
• Completion of post-doctoral fellowship
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03617. Applicants’ materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.