Open date: October 8, 2021
Next review date: Thursday, Dec 15, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Saturday, Apr 8, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Psychiatry at UCSF invites applications for positions at the Assistant Professor level for candidates with established skill in basic science research relevant to neuropsychiatric disease, broadly defined. MD or MD/PhD physician scientists with basic science postdoctoral research training are preferred, but PhDs with a demonstrated and deep commitment to understanding the basic underpinnings of psychiatric disorders will also be considered. Successful candidates will be expected to develop an innovative, competitive, and collaborative research program based in the Weill Institute for Neurosciences at the UCSF Mission Bay campus, that contributes to the overall research mission of the Department. Successful candidates will also be expected to demonstrate a commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Department and University. Membership in the UCSF PIBS Neuroscience graduate program will also be offered if appropriate.
- MD or PhD or equivalent
- Record of peer-reviewed publications
- Track record of investigational work in the basic neurosciences relevant to neuropsychiatric disorders
- Track record of collaborative approach to research
- Report to the UCSF Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Vice Chair for Research
- Build and direct an actively-funded basic neuroscience research program
- Collaborate effectively and develop joint programs with faculty members within the Department of Psychiatry, other departments at UCSF, and other colleagues to promote basic neuroscience research
- Participate in departmental, university, and/or public service
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03611, with CV, cover letter, statement of research, statement of contributions to diversity, and three reference contacts.
Curriculum Vitae - CV must clearly list current and/or pending qualifications (e.g. board eligibility/certification, medical licensure, etc.).
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details: https://diversity.ucsf.edu/contributions-to-diversity-statement
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy found here: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/5000695/SARS-CoV-2_Covid-19.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.