Open date: August 25th, 2021
Last review date: Thursday, Jan 6, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Saturday, Feb 25, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF School of Nursing, Department of Family Health Care Nursing Job Posting
Title: Health Sciences Clinical Professor, Primary Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PC-PNP)
Series & Rank: Assistant or Associate or Full Health Sciences Clinical Professor
The Department of Family Health Care Nursing is seeking an Assistant/Associate/Full Professor for full-time and/or part-time faculty positions to teach in the Primary Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner specialty. The selected candidate will be appointed at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full rank in the Health Sciences (HS) Clinical series depending on qualifications and interests.
Faculty in the Health Sciences Clinical Professor series are salaried appointees who teach, participate in patient care, participate in University and/or public service, and conduct scholarly and/or creative activities. Faculty in this series teach the application of basic sciences and the mastery of clinical care and procedures in all areas related to care of patients. Clinical practice opportunities may be available as a percentage of the position.
Major faculty responsibilities include: teach Advanced Practice Nursing students in the classroom, skills lab/simulation, and clinical setting with a focus in primary care pediatrics; schedule and/or supervise PNP students in the clinical environment for clinical rotations and service learning activities; as well as advise and mentor PNP students.
• Doctoral degree in in Nursing, Education, or other relevant fields;
• Active Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, and Nurse Practitioner Furnishing license issued by the California BRN, or eligibility;
• National Certification as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner in Primary Care;
• 1 or more years of clinical experience as an Advanced Practice Nurse in primary care settings and/or pediatric chronic/specialty care.
• Clinical experience working with underserved and diverse pediatric populations
• Clinical experience working in interprofessional pediatric team-based care
• Two or more years of classroom and/or clinical teaching experience with Advanced Practice Nursing students at the graduate level
• Experience with hybrid and/or online teaching
• Evidence of teaching excellence in classroom and/or clinical environments
• Evidence of strong leadership skills in clinical and/or academic settings
• Academic preparation in curriculum development, teaching methodologies, and supervised teaching residency/practicum
• Participation and/or leadership experience at professional organizations
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe products, and electronic health record systems
• Multilingual skills, preferred languages: Spanish & Chinese languages.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03558.
Please apply with CV, cover letter, statement of contributions to diversity, statement of teaching, and contact information for three references. If applicable, provide key publications and syllabi of courses taught.
To receive full consideration, please submit all materials prior to the review date. However, this position will remain open until filled.
For additional information, please contact:
Linda Stephan, firstname.lastname@example.org
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Key Publications and Syllabi of Courses Taught. - If applicable, provide key publications and syllabi of courses taught.
- 3 required (contact information only)
All UCSF employees must participate in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination Program. Relevant policy information, FAQ’s, and forms may be found by visiting: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/07/ucs-covid-19-vaccine-policy.html.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.