Open date: July 29th, 2021
Last review date: Friday, Aug 13, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Sunday, Jan 29, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Moslehi Lab is now recruiting for a Junior Specialist. The incumbent will pursue several projects related to the growing concerns of cardiovascular toxicities associated with cancer immunotherapies. An important focus in the laboratory for the last several years has been generation of pre-clinical models recapitulating the cardiovascular toxicities associated with novel cancer therapies and using these models to elucidate underlying biology. In addition, these observations are coupled with a robust clinical program. The hope is that the pre-clinical models will better inform clinical care for the cardio-oncology population.
The incumbent will help in better characterizing these pre-clinical models including both cell-based and small-animal models. The incumbent will also assist in the translational and clinical projects of the Moslehi Lab and the UCSF cardio-oncology program.
Techniques will include various molecular biology techniques and flow cytometry. In addition, other techniques utilized will include managing databases and analyzing data from these databases.
• B.A. in molecular biology or related topic.
• Demonstrated ability to contribute data to ongoing research efforts.
• Skill in independently resolving broad problems that may arise in collection or analysis of laboratory data.
• Self-motivated with ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of staff.
• Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to successfully work on multiple concurrent projects.
• Highest level of integrity and professionalism in working with patient data in a HIPAA-compliant and ethically responsible manner.
• Ability to effectively manage time.
• Demonstrated ability to regularly interface with multiple colleagues on a variety of different research programs simultaneously.
• Proven ability to understand research cycles and rapidly perform experiments necessary for manuscripts in revision.
• Interest and proven ability to work closely with other members of the team towards carrying out the broader goals of the laboratory.
• Self-motivated and able to learn quickly.
Appointees in the Specialist series will be expected to engage in specialized research, professional activities and do not have teaching responsibilities. Specialists are expected to use their professional expertise to make scientific and scholarly contributions, and may participate in University and Public Service. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03531. Applicants’ materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)
All UCSF employees must participate in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination Program. Relevant policy information, FAQ’s, and forms may be found by visiting: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/07/ucs-covid-19-vaccine-policy.html.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.