Open date: July 12th, 2021
Next review date: Sunday, Oct 31, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Thursday, Jan 12, 2023 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Goga Lab – Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist
SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY– Cell & Tissue Biology
The Goga lab is seeking a Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist to join our group and contribute to new and ongoing projects. Our lab focuses on cancer heterogeneity, metabolism, immunology, and metastasis. Candidates will be part of a diverse, friendly, and inclusive group of highly motivated scientists tackling fundamental questions in cancer biology and metastasis. Candidates will have the opportunity to present at lab meetings, attend career development seminars, conferences, and attain authorship on projects to which they make contributions.
The candidate will be expected to:
• Provide technical support to the research group of post-docs and scientists
• Tumor and tissue sample processing and analysis
• Update research protocols for review and approval
• Monitor the lab’s facilities and equipment
• Inventory management
• Overall lab maintenance, safety and compliance
• Note: Occasional partial weekend hours for animal care is a requirement of this position.
This position is ideally suited for candidates seeking to enter competitive PhD, MD, or MD/PhD programs in the future.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written)
• Willingness and ability to learn new methods and skills for changing research priorities.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a research team.
• Ability to prioritize tasks, coordinate work tasks with others, and meet multiple deadlines.
• Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) or four years of research experience to be appointed at the Junior rank.
• Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five to ten years of research experience to be appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks.
• Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or at least ten or more years of research experience to be appointed at the Full rank.
• Experience culturing mammalian cells
• Experience with mouse handling and care
• Willingness to learn more advanced wet lab techniques (immunohistochemistry, library preparation for sequencing, flow cytometry, metabolomics)
• Willingness to interact with patients and physicians for tumor sample collection and processing
We are seeking at least a 1-year commitment. Depending on performance and workload, opportunities for independent research, mentorship of other trainees, and scientific writing will be available.
Applicants must meet requirements by the time of appointment.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03482. Applicants’ materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2-4 required (contact information only)
All UCSF employees must participate in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination Program. Relevant policy information, FAQ’s, and forms may be found by visiting: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/07/ucs-covid-19-vaccine-policy.html.
The University of California, San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.