Open date: June 14th, 2021
Last review date: Wednesday, Jun 30, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Dec 14, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Junior, Assistant, or Associate Specialist- El-Samad Lab
The Department of Biochemistry & Biophysics is now recruiting for a Junior, Assistant, or Associate Specialist.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Culture and maintenance of embryonic cell lines and induced pluripotent stem cells
• Genetic engineering of stem cells using CRISPR/Cas9 and lentiviral transduciton
• Optogenetic and chemogenetic manipulation of cell function
• Flow cytometry data collection and analysis
• Conducting light microscopy and data quantification
• Molecular cloning to generate novel DNA constructs
• Written communication of methodology and findings
• Specialist appointed at the Junior rank must possess a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of relevant research experience.
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks must possess a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or five to ten years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Mastery of general molecular biology techniques.
• Familiarity with genomic techniques.
• Familiarity with molecular cloning and mammalian cell line construction.
• Familiarity with data analyses.
• Familiarity with flow cytometry and microscopy.
• Candidates must meet required qualifications at the time of appointment. Candidate’s CV must state basic qualifications (or if pending) upon submission.
• Independent specialized research
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03455, with a CV and two reference contacts.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2 required (contact information only)
All UCSF employees must participate in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination Program. Relevant policy information, FAQ’s, and forms may be found by visiting: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/07/ucs-covid-19-vaccine-policy.html.
The University of California, San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.