Open date: May 5th, 2021
Last review date: Friday, Jun 25, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Saturday, Nov 5, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Sneddon Lab – Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist
SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY – Cell and Tissue Biology
The Sneddon lab is seeking highly motivated applicants for a full-time position as a Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist in our group. The primary focus of our laboratory is pancreatic development and type 1 diabetes, and we employ the tools of stem cell biology, developmental biology, genomics, and tissue engineering. The candidate will be expected to contribute to ongoing work in these areas, with specific duties including human embryonic stem cell culture, mouse husbandry and transplantations, FACS analysis, and genomics techniques. The position represents an opportunity to be at the cutting edge of translational research in a highly collaborative scientific environment.
An exceptional candidate will have strong organizational and communication skills. Additionally, the specialist will be expected to assist with managing day-to-day lab operations, perform general lab duties, and act as a supportive and positive lab citizen.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written).
• Willingness and ability to learn new methods and skills for changing research priorities.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a research team.
• Ability to prioritize tasks, coordinate work tasks with others, and meet multiple deadlines.
• Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) or four years of research experience to be appointed at the Junior rank.
• Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five to ten years of research experience to be appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks.
• Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or at least ten or more years of research experience to be appointed at the Full rank.
• Prior experience with culturing human embryonic stem cells
• Prior experience with mouse handling
A 2-year commitment is preferred. Depending on performance and workload, opportunities for independent research, mentorship of other trainees, and scientific writing will be available.
Applicants must meet requirements by the time of appointment.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03383. Applicants’ materials must list current and/or pending qualifications upon submission.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)