Open date: April 26th, 2021
Last review date: Tuesday, Jul 27, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Oct 26, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF School of Nursing, Dean’s Office
Title: Program Director - Master’s Entry Program in Nursing (MEPN)
Series & Rank: Associate or Full Health Sciences or Clinical X Professor
The MEPN Director provides overall leadership and comprehensive administrative, fiscal and curricular support to the MEPN academic program of the School of Nursing. MEPN is the pre-licensure year of a three-year Master’s degree program. This accelerated program admits students who have completed a baccalaureate degree in a non-nursing discipline or field of study. Reporting to the Associate Dean for Academic Programs, the Director works closely with the Department Chairs and the other Program Directors to lead the administrative work of the educational program.
• Lead and manage the overall program;
• Recommend to Department Chairs faculty hiring and development;
• Manage staff hiring and development;
• In collaboration with Department Chairs, identify professional growth and development opportunities for MEPN faculty and provide support for those opportunities;
• Oversee curriculum development and implementation of program budget;
• Assure compliance with the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) rules and regulations;
• Serve as faculty-of record (FOR) for at least one MEPN course;
• In collaboration with the Associate Dean for Academic Programs, maintain effective communication between students and faculty within the SON; setting and implementing academic rules and policies;
• Serve as a leader in the School’s strong commitment to diversity;
• Provide leadership in developing faculty peer teaching mentors and assessments;
• Represent the MEPN program within the School of Nursing with other Program Directors, Department Chairs, and specialty faculty;
• Coordinate clinical and leadership role development with UC Health;
• Represent the School at campus and university levels, and with external agencies;
• Serve as a thought leader in national conversations about nursing education;
• Promote the visibility of the MEPN program at regional, state, and national levels.
• Active (or eligible for) Registered Nurse license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing;
• Doctoral degree in Nursing;
• Two (2) years’ experience teaching in pre- or post-licensure registered nursing programs with responsibility for course design and participation in curricular activities, or completion of a post-baccalaureate registered educational course that includes practice in teaching;
• A least one year's experience as an administrator.
• Evidence demonstrating a record of success leading, supervising and/or working with diverse and multicultural, multi-disciplinary groups or teams;
• Evidence of tactical/strategic thinking and action related to valuing diversity in academia, group, or community settings;
• Ability to develop and nurture working partnerships across administrative, academic, and various health care delivery environments;
• Evidence of teaching excellence, experience in patient care, and involvement in scholarly and/or other creative activities. A minimum of three years teaching experience highly preferred;
• Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with multiple organizational levels and contacts: faculty, students, external key contacts, community-based, and campus leadership;
• Track record of success in performance of administrative responsibilities;
• Academic preparation in curriculum development, teaching methodologies, and supervised teaching residency/practicum;
• Experience with the use of simulation in pre-licensure nursing education;
• Strong communication, writing, and interpersonal abilities;
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe products;
• Multilingual skills, preferred languages: Spanish, Vietnamese, and/or Middle Eastern languages.
Affirmative Action Statement:
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03358.
• Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of Teaching Background
• Statement of Research - Brief Statement of Scholarly Interests
• Statement of Contributions to Diversity
3 references required (provide contact information only)
To receive full consideration, please submit all materials prior to the review date. However, this position will remain open until filled.
For additional information, please contact:
Alan D. Johns, Managing Director
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research - Brief Statement of Scholarly Interests
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
All UCSF employees must participate in the UC COVID-19 Vaccination Program. Relevant policy information, FAQ’s, and forms may be found by visiting: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/news/2021/07/ucs-covid-19-vaccine-policy.html.
The University of California, San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.