Open date: April 15th, 2021
Last review date: Saturday, Jun 19, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Saturday, Oct 15, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Research Specialist - Altschuler and Wu Lab
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry
University of California, San Francisco
The Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry is now recruiting a Research Specialist at the Assistant, Associate or Full ranks. This position in the Altschuler and Wu lab is critical to make use of a image-based platform to accelerate early cancer drug target discovery. The applicant is expected to help perform image-based screens to study cancer drug discovery as well as sharing lab management duties.
• Candidate must have a master’s degree in biology or other relevant fields OR five to ten years of experience in the relevant specialization to be appointed at the Assistant or Associate rank.
• Candidate must have a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) in biology or other relevant fields OR ten or more years of relevant specialization to be appointed at the Full rank.
• A minimal requirement of a full time 18-month commitment.
• Track record working with mammalian cell culture experience.
• Experience in immunofluorescence staining and microscopy, high-throughput assays, standard molecular biology, and wet lab techniques.
• Track record of communication skills, including, but not limited to, working effectively in a team.
• Candidate must meet the qualifications at the time of hire. Candidate’s CV or cover must state qualifications (or if pending) upon submission.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary and rank will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service that has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03340, with a CV, cover letter, and three reference contacts.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)