Open date: February 26th, 2021
Last review date: Monday, May 17, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Aug 26, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF Junior/Assistant/Associate Specialist Position - McManus Lab
The McManus Lab at University of California, San Francisco is seeking a Lab Specialist at the junior, assistant, or associate rank, depending on qualifications. One focus of our research is to determine the mechanisms for gene regulation and function in mouse models, illuminating connections between genes and development/disease. The candidate will be working in a small team who are engaged in basic research.
This is a full-time position at UCSF and ideal position for applicants interested in working with laboratory mice. To learn about our science, visit our websites at: http://mcmanuslab.ucsf.edu
• Perform molecular biology techniques including DNA extraction, PCR, plasmid preparation and basic cloning.
• Oversee transgenic mouse colony maintenance.
• Perform dissections and collect embryos and adult mouse tissues as needed.
• Record keeping and data entry.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Specialists appointed at the junior rank must possess (or in process of obtaining) a baccalaureate degree (or equivalent degree) in biological/biochemical science or related field or must have at least four years of research experience in a related field.
• Specialists appointed at the Assistant/Associate rank must possess (or in process of obtaining) a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) in biological/biochemical science or related field or must have at least five years of experience in the relevant specialization.
• Appointees at the Associate level must have significant record of academic accomplishment including published or in-press publication, and a demonstrated record of University and/or public service.
• Applicant’s materials must list (pending) qualifications upon submission.
• Applicants must have obtained the degree requirement for the Specialist rank by the time of hire.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision.
• Strong organization, and oral/written communication skills.
• Previous experience in animal husbandry.
• Knowledge of and experience with basic molecular biology protocols.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03293.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)