Open date: March 5th, 2021
Last review date: Monday, Jun 28, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Monday, Sep 5, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Tenure Track Faculty Position: Health Equity Research
The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) School of Nursing invites applications for a tenure track faculty position aligned with our mission-critical area of HEALTH EQUITY.
Background: As a premier public university and a national and global leader in the preparation of nurse scientists, the UCSF School of Nursing is committed to advancing scholarship and teaching in health equity. Health equity represents one of the signature research themes of our school, as identified in our strategic plan, and is closely tied to University core PRIDE Values (Professional, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence). As part of our commitment to advancing health equity, we anticipate a series of hires for scholars in this area.
Position Description: Major responsibilities include: provide thought leadership in the advancement of health equity, including the social determinants of health for groups who experience worse health or health outcomes than the general population; conduct research in areas that advance our understanding of the health needs of groups who experience health disparities; direct and advise the work of trainees and faculty colleagues who share an interest in health equity; participate in the development and delivery of curricula that will advance health equity; participate in our community as a leader and advocate for health equity.
This full-time faculty position will be assigned to an appropriate academic department, which will be determined upon hire.
Selected candidates will be appointed at the level of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in the Ladder Rank (tenure-earning) series depending upon qualifications.
• PhD in Nursing or related field
• Demonstrated success in, or potential for, the development of a funded program of scholarship
• Active, or eligible for, unencumbered RN licensure issued by CA BRN
• Post-doctoral training in health equity research
• Experience leading, supervising and/or working with multidisciplinary research teams
• Experience teaching at the graduate level (Master’s degree or higher degree), with responsibility for directing the research of others
• Demonstrated teaching excellence
• Demonstrated expertise in teaching, mentoring and/or research that addresses the experience of underrepresented minorities.
• Experience designing and developing online nursing coursework
• Strong communication, writing, problem solving and interpersonal abilities.
• Experience working with underserved and diverse populations.
San Francisco, CA
• Curriculum Vitae
• Cover Letter
• Statement of Research
• Statement of Teaching
• Statement of Contributions to Diversity
• Up to three relevant publications
3 references required (contact information only). Letters of references will be requested at a later date for finalists.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Please submit all materials prior to the initial review date. However, this position will remain open until filled.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Relevant Publications - Up to three relevant publications
- 3 required (contact information only)