Open date: January 29th, 2021
Most recent review date: Friday, Jun 10, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Jul 29, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Faculty Position Announcement
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences / Institute for Health & Aging
University of California, San Francisco
The Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences (SBS) and the Institute for Health & Aging announce a search for In Residence and Adjunct faculty positions. Appointments will be at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor rank in either the In Residence or Adjunct series, depending upon the individual's level of experience and extramural funding.
We are seeking scientists with an established research career with preferred areas of expertise in one of the following: areas designated as strategic research priorities for the School of Nursing, namely health equity, aging and the lifecourse, community and population health, digital health and data science, and symptom science; and/or other additional areas aligned with current SBS and IHA areas of strength, including health policy, health economics, global health, healthcare systems and institutions, bioethics, and sociology of health, medicine, and science and technology.
Successful candidates must have earned a Doctoral Degree or equivalent terminal degree at the start of the appointment.
Additional qualifications of successful candidates include:
1) Research programs that will be synergistic with departmental teaching and departmental/institute research priorities.
2) Either demonstrated sustained record of extramural funding for research in one or more of the areas listed above or current employment at a UCSF affiliated organization. The primary academic emphasis of these positions is research, but candidates must also possess excellent teaching and mentoring skills, have a record of contributions to university and public service, and have demonstrated evidence of professional competence as appropriate to their level of experience.
3) Demonstrated record of and willingness to mentor graduate students and other trainees, include trainees on research projects, and teach as needed.
4) Candidates are expected to cover their salary, fringe benefits, any shared Department and Institute expenses, and other specific expenses related to their programs through extramural funding.
Submit cover letter, CV, statement of research, statement of contributions to diversity, and contact information for three (3) references to the following link: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03218.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
The Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences and Institute for Health & Aging have a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and are particularly interested in candidates who have a demonstrated commitment to and experience in improving access to higher education and opportunities to participate in research for disadvantaged students and staff.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)