Open date: December 10th, 2020
Last review date: Saturday, Jan 9, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Jun 10, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UCSF Department of Obstetrics Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital Division
The Zuckerberg SFGH Division of the UCSF Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences is recruiting a certified nurse-midwife (CNM) at .7-1.0 % effort to be a core clinician, a clinician-educator based at ZSFG, and a member of the UCSF faculty (Instructor, Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor, HS Clinical series).
The incoming candidate will provide full scope nurse-midwifery clinical care including antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, and family planning services.
Minimum qualifications (may be in process during application period, however, must be possessed by the time of hire) are:
- RN and CNM (with furnishing) licensure per the California Board of Registered Nursing
- DEA number
- Certification as a Nurse-Midwife by the American Midwifery Certification Board
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification
Desired qualifications are:
- Ability to articulate and implement core tenets of equitable healthcare and education
- Proficiency in Spanish language
- Strong communication and interdisciplinary team work skills
- Experience as a clinical preceptor of student nurse-midwives
- Experience facilitating Centering Pregnancy groups
- Minimum of one-year clinical experience as a CNM (antepartum and intrapartum) though will consider new graduate applicants
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Division of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences ZSFG is the City and County of San Francisco’s safety net hospital and serves as the main source of primary and specialty care for uninsured and underinsured residents of San Francisco. The Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital division is the largest of the six divisions in the UCSF Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences and includes the longest-standing hospital-based midwifery practice in San Francisco, now attending births in a state-of-the art Family Birth Center. This clinical setting offers expanded options to patients, including nitrous oxide, as well as ongoing
support of physiologic birth, including volunteer and community-based doula programs, and one of the lowest cesarean-section rates in California. ZSFG nurse-midwives are members of a collaborative, interprofessional team with a shared commitment to providing respectful, culturally appropriate care to all patients and families.
The mission of the Nurse-Midwives of ZSFG
• To provide high quality, satisfying, and holistic pregnancy, birth, postpartum, family planning, and abortion care for the families and communities we serve.
• To make respectful, equitable, culturally humble midwifery services available to the people of San Francisco.
• To deepen our impact by engaging in meaningful ways with the communities we serve.
• To consistently strive to diversify our midwifery service.
• To recognize and combat racism, discrimination and bias in ourselves and in our institutions.
• To provide family- and team-based care informed by the current midwifery and medical evidence.
• To educate midwifery students, medical students and residents in the midwifery model of care and to prepare a diverse workforce of exceptional clinicians, leaders and agents for change.
Certified Nurse-Midwife Roles and Responsibilities
The CNM provides full scope nurse-midwifery care at Mission Neighborhood Health Center, the ZSFG Obstetrics, Midwifery & Gynecology Clinic, the ZSFG Family Birth Center, and the ZSFG postpartum unit. Essential clinical responsibilities include the following:
• Antepartum care (both 1:1 and CenteringPregnancy) in collaboration with Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program team members and social service agencies;
• Intrapartum care and Birth Center triage;
• Postpartum care (inpatient and outpatient);
• Family planning;
• Clinical education of nurse-midwifery students, medical students, and residents;
• Collaboration and consultation with physician colleagues
• Documentation of care via electronic medical record
Please apply online and submit curriculum vitae, cover letter, statement of teaching, statement of diversity, and contact information for three letters of reference via AP Recruit at: https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03167
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)