Open date: November 10th, 2020
Last review date: Sunday, Dec 27, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland Division, Department of Neurology
University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine
The Department of Neurology at UCSF is seeking board eligible/board certified Child Neurologists to join our Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland (BCHO) Division. The selected candidates will be appointed at the Instructor, Assistant, Associate, and full Professor ranks of the Health Sciences (HS) Clinical faculty series.
Formerly Children’s Hospital Oakland, BCHO has delivered exceptional medical care to children from all regions of California for over 100 years. More than 2,600 staff and 550 physicians at BCHO care for more than 10,000 inpatients and 250,000 outpatients each year. Our trauma center is an ACS verified Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center (one of only five in California) and is dedicated exclusively to caring for children, with over 400 air transports and 48,000 emergency room visits per year. The Benioff Children’s Hospitals have over 30 pediatric sub-specialties and are ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the nation’s "Best Hospitals".
Child Neurology is an integral part of the UCSF Pediatric Brain Center, and is a destination program bringing together physicians from all disciplines related to nervous system health in children. The San Francisco and Oakland Child Neurology and Pediatric Neurosurgery programs are integrating into one marquee service line spanning both campuses. Neurology faculty actively participate in the teaching of residents and medical students. Physicians may be involved in clinical research, clinical trials, as well as basic research and translational research.
Qualified candidates must possess a medical degree from an accredited medical school, medical license in the State of California, accredited residency training in Child Neurology, and Board eligibility or Certification in Neurology with Special Certification in Child Neurology at the time of appointment. Clinical interest and experience in treating epilepsy is also required due to the high volume of epilepsy patients in our practice. Candidate’s CV and/or cover letter must state qualifications (or if pending) upon submission.
• Participation in shared 1 in 6 call coverage with the other members of the Oakland campus division
• Participation in training/supervision and clinical mentoring of residents and medical students
• Provision of patient care in the ambulatory and inpatient settings
• Provision of EEG interpretation
• Participates as requested in quality improvement, utilization management, and other institutional initiatives
• Provides and/or serves as a resource for patient/family and staff education
• Provides accurate, complete and timely documentation of clinical services rendered using the Epic electronic health record
• Ensures communication with other specialists and primary care providers to facilitate patient care
• Participates in meetings/activities as required to support operations of the clinical area
• Participates in continuing medical education and other activities to maintain and enhance professional development
• Participation in scholarly and University service activities
Applicants must apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03146, with a cover letter, CV, a statement of contributions to diversity, and the names, titles, and e-mail addresses of three peer references who we may contact directly. Applications received outside the online process will not be considered, but informal inquiries can be directed to Dr. Daniel Birnbaum, Chief of the BCHO Division, at DBirnbaum@mail.cho.org.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please see the following page for more details:
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)